Sunday, June 3, 2007

Canon and Skye with a little crayon in her teeth
"Inviting all Freaks"
OK everyone, I'm testing a new medium for family and friend communication because of the demands of being a Domestic Goddess. My miniature bosses tend to interrupt the timeliness of email correspondence. Honestly, I was inspired to try this by a friend, named Kim, whose daughter was born with a life threatening heart condition (the arteries were reversed and her body couldn't receive adequate oxygen) and she used blogging as a way to let family and friends stay informed during their months of hospitalization. Even with successful surgery, Kim still maintains the site and I enjoy checking in regularly to see how the girls are doing and read her often funny, sometimes poignant stories.
Now I realize I titled this "Inviting All Freaks" and I don't mean our family and friends are the Freaks (but you know who you are); it's in regard to the risks of posting for the whole Freaking world to see and the implications that has. ie: My Head transposed onto a hopefully voluptuously young body at www.xxHot Domestic Goddess.com. I am not going to joke about the kids. So this will be a learning experience (and I'll let you know). Hopefully, this will be a means for all the people we love to see into the cyber-window of our lives.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Congrats on the blog. May it yield as many unproductive, yet satisfying hours for you as it has for me. At the very least, it's a cheap alternative to therapy and FedExing photos to family. :)